I've been spending this past couple of days (since my last post...) thinking about the people in my life and what makes them happy. Then, in turn, thinking about my life and what makes me happy. This whole Peace concept has got my brain churning, and it makes it difficult to sleep, at the most.
No matter how amazed I am at this, it takes me the longest to figure out what it is that makes me happy! I can look at Michael and put my finger down, I can look at some of my family and friends and put my finger down, but nope -not me. I'm spending too much time inside my own mind.
The things that make me happy and bring me Peace are the things I don't think about, and when you're upset they're the last things to pop into your thunderclouded mind. Mine -they're simple, so simple that I don't even remember what they are unless I force myself to remember.
They're simple -not complex, and most extremely lovely. Just like these.... I love giggles. Especially of the baby variety. They're usually short and somewhat grunt like, but they're like the swine flu -really contageous! I love hot tea and the way it clears my mind. Naps -a must for any emotional healing.... I also enjoy cuddles. Not the general kind, but the special kind that warms you up from the inside out, like hot chocolate. The kind where you know that life is moving around you, but it doesn't matter.
I used to believe that everyone needed to experience all emotions at least once a day. Not at the same time, but to be a compassionate human, you need to experience them. Well -maybe and maybe not, but to help me be compassionate, well rounded, and healthy, I have come up with a general list of 8 things that I love. Sure, they're just things, but...I'm just a person.
1. Slurpees
2. Hydrangie flowers
3. Porches
4. White and Navy Tualle
5. Singing
6. Children
7. Tulle
and the newest and most worthy addition...
8. Michael
This is my list...what does yours look like?
"Your melod sounds as sweet as the first time it was sung.... I'm puttin' out the lantern, find your own way home."
~"Folkin' Around" by Panic! At the Disco
PS -my spell check button is gone....
hmm, I shall have to think on my list of things I love and post it later :)
ReplyDeletePlease do!
ReplyDeletehmm my list
ReplyDelete1)stories
2)stargazing
3)the smell of woodsmoke on a fall or winter day
4)exploring strange new places
5)blankets
6)my friends
7)toasted cheese crackers
8)honeysuckle