Shapespeare, Emily Dickenson, Shelley, and Yeats had it right. Love is so Awesome as to inspire sonnets and rhymes, while expressions of this feeling can't ever seem to measure up to the real human emotion. You can tell someone in words how you feel, but it never really gets it right. Is this why we grieve for lost loved ones? Hmm.... Regardless -I don't plan on drinking any poison any time soon!
Sometimes I think it is possible to love someone too much. That if you love them that way you'll simply explode. Maybe this is a sign that you shouldn't love them? Then there are other times -most of the time -when I think that this is simply an impossibility. That love is expansive like our view of the universe from Earth. I can imagine that these types of loves are reserved for your spouse and your children, as well as those you already have (like your parents and siblings, etc.).
Yesterday I was thinking about the things in my life that I love, and I can honestly say that I'm in love with the things I've been given. I love my life, I love my gifts, and I love the one I'm with.
For saying a whole lot of nothin' this sure means a lot for me!
I held a Jewel in my fingers --
And went to sleep --
The day was warm, and winds were prosy --
I said "'Twill keep" --
I woke -- and chid my honest fingers,
The Gem was gone --
And now, an Amethyst remembrance
Is all I own --
~E. Dickenson
No comments:
Post a Comment