Spending time with friends is invaluable. You forget, because your own life is so busy and full of the nonsenses of every day life, how awesome they can be. I had the opportunity to visit with my best of best friends over Christmas, and it didn't dawn on me then how special it was to see them. I pray that I don't take them for granted, but laying in bed last night I remembered how fabulous they all are. They were fresh in my mind because I had just spent some time with my about-to-pop Bloomington friend (... ;o) ...) over a cup of much needed tea and a nice long chat. We were discussing our lives (families, husbands, her children, how to save money (and spend it!), and what we need as wives (and even more so, those of students). It was exceptionally reassuring to know that someone else feels the way I feel and thinks along the same lines. While talking, I came to the conclusion that life is so tough! I also came to the conclusion that it is this way because we make it so. Isn't that amazing that everything can change with one simple rearrangement of your thought processes? So instead I decided that....
Life is so beautiful! During our discussion, I was reminded of how beautiful our little blessings can be. The Priesters have a healthy marriage, two healthy (human and pet) bodies, a safe home, working cars, money to sustain us, etc, etc, etc.... I could write on, but I think you get the picture!
Just like I know I value my far-far away friends, I know I value my life and all of it's blessings but have never taken time to look for the Peace in my life. So the goal of this journey is to find something in my life that brings me Peace. I'll try not to double dip, but I can't make any promises. So today, the thing I am finding Peace in is my husband. He is the bedrock to my oceanic turmoil, and keeps me grounded when all of the things in my mind get too heavy. It is my sincerest hope that today I can find Peace in myself, if only for a little while. That's what the journey is all about!
"Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal."
~MLK, Jr.
You....are a phenomenal person, ha ha. When you acheive peaceful world domination (which you will :P), I'll be your personal photo/random poster creator...thank you for being fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI love you! *HUGS*
ReplyDelete