Yesterday was an exceptionally long day. It stared off with a smiling Briana, and ended with a smiling Briana. This...this is good news. The bad news is that my Anatomy class is a HUGE BUST! Very disappointing.
The professor really started off on the wrong foot. She was LATE! Professors shouldn't be late to their first class, especially if they expect their students to be EARLY. Bad. Then, her accent prevented me from understanding over half of what she was saying. I'm sorry -but if you expect me to understand, I have to be able to understand you. Again -bad. Next, she had no structure to her lecture, and was the MOST disorganized professor I had ever experienced. So I left. I walked out of her lecture in the middle of what I assumed was a short off chute of a discussion on electrolytes. No matter. Between her talking too fast, the osther students in the class discussing pay checks, children, and the Colts I was quickly reminded of why I hated being in classrooms with students who were not on a mission, like me. If I pay an exorbitant amount of money for a service, I like to enjoy the process. Like my mother and father I like to get it done and move on.
So I decided, as I was crying in the car (and to my very supportive husband) on my way to Chamber Singers rehearsal that I wasn't going to do it. I'm just not. I have too many things in my life that I actually enjoy, that take up HUGE amounts of time, to be stressed out for four hours a week with people who obviously lack respect for learning. Instead of sitting in class for the second hour I spent it singing Bach in German, and Mozart in Latin. This is where I belong.
End discussion on bad professor. Moving on to Peace, a much better and more worthy subject!
So....
Today, Peace is equal to the snooze button on my telephone. I know this is random, but I can't help what I dream! There is nothing like the type of sleep where your body weighs a thousand pounds and is wrapped in balnkets of snuggilyness! The strange part is that I seem to think that it's even better when it's covered in butter?
I was dreaming this morning when my phone went of and I slapped snooze three times. I was dreaming...right?!? Yes -I hope. If not, Saphira will have had a day full of buttery treats! In this state of delirum, I was laying in my bed and everything around me was food and all covered in butter! This may be due to my food obsession, or it could have to do with the fact that Julia Childs once said that everything was better with butter, and because of my food obsession my Id seemed to find it a worthy subject. I'd like to think it was the latter...but there's no telling either way!
So I've spent my whole morning, and some of this afternoon, thinking about butter and dreams, and the grace my snooze button provides. It may be crazy, but it sure makes me smile!
I'll settle for a smile, every now and then. Today, Peace = snooze: covered in butter!
Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
-- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
I'm sorry anatomy class was no good. I know how that is :) Hang in there and don't ever do anything that isn't going to make you happy or improve your life (except pay taxes). Life's too short :) And I like the butter dream, ha ha. My dreams are always strange because I lucid dream...I am aware I'm dreaming and change the course of it. Last night I was dreaming I was buying flowers at Kroger and was in a big hurry. Then next thing I saw/experienced I was at home (not mine!) arranging the flowers...a LOT of flowers, and my mind stops me and goes, these would have been expensive, how did I pay for them? So I suddenly realized in my dream I had shoplifted like 15 bouquets of flowers and had to stop arranging the flowers, find the weird looking price tags on each on and stick them on the wall so I could go back the next day and pay for them. I could almost feel myself sigh like, oh my God it's a dream...who cares if I shop lifted? Once I got the tags off I went back to making arrangements, ha ha.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely end of the week!!
Butter: To dream of eating fresh, golden butter, is a sign of good health and plans well carried out; it will bring unto you possessions, wealth and knowledge. To eat rancid butter, denotes a competency acquired through struggles of manual labor. To sell butter, denotes small gain.
ReplyDeleteJust in case you were wondering...this is what my dream book said!