*Sigh*
Everyone has limits, right? You can only take so much of something before you're reached your maximum limit, and then the dam breaks and everything spills free. Well. I have reached my limits. I am sick of crying every morning when I wake up. I am sick of only feeling better after I've eaten something. I am sick of being spoken to like a child. I am sick of feeling like my life means nothing. I am sick of feeling like all of the choices I have worked SO hard to have, have been taken away. I am sick of feeling lonely and friendless (despite my fabulous husband's attempts at female companionship, he just doesn't cut it...sorry babe!). I am sick of feeling disgusting. I am sick of...well, I'm sick of me.
I have studied enough psychology to know that I need to talk to someone. I'm not afraid, I'm not crazy, but I DO think I'm depressed or was, or ...whatever. I also think I need a life change, so I'm looking around trying to dig up choices that I DO have, instead of looking for the ones I don't. I'm working on changing my mindset. Bad to good, down to up, backward to forward, and then to now. I have this article titled, "How to stay positive in a negative world." My mom sent it to me when I was in college. It's been on my dresser until a couple of months ago, when I swear the cat ate it (because she would do that...). Last week it appeared on my bathroom mirror, and when I looked at my husband, he just smiled and gave me a hug. Even he knows how hard I'm trying, God bless the poor guy!
So -with all of that pathetic, awful nonsense out of the way, here are just a FEW of the things I am blessed with: an everything imaginable husband, a safe home, 2 working cars, working appendages, my families, my friends (in Virginia and Cincinnati, no matter how far, they make the effort), and my cat (who always seems to need a cuddle just as bad as I do. My sewing machine (which works no matter how upset I am), my Kitchen aid stand mixer (that always produces the BEST icing), and my creativity (because no matter how bad I think it is, I can always come up with something worse. Thank you drama-mamma!).
Sure -my life isn't so bad. But when you're sick of yourself and stuck inside the box, you need a little extra light to help you get out.
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer."
~Romans 12:12~
~Romans 12:12~
Keep on...

Everyone DOES have limits, you're right. If you think you need to talk to someone I think you should do it--seriously! Been there. Ignoring it, or just feeling like crap and like no one understands that you have limits (other than yourself, who then of course has to, if you're like me, obsess about it) doesn't help you in the least. Even just one "session" with someone might help you feel better because someone listens--someone with no opinions about you or your life or what you're saying. It's quite freeing. Give it a shot! Love you Beeper!
ReplyDeletenew follower here but so understand your pain. god bless your hubby for at least trying!
ReplyDeletexoxo from utah!
Oh Briana, I've been there. It is not a fun place to be. If you ever need a friend, I am just an email (or a drive!) away.
ReplyDelete