Fooled ya' with my post title!! :o) This ones a good one (if I do say so), so sit down and stay a while!
My whole life I've heard, "you're so smart" (believe it or not...)or, "you're so gifted" or even, "you're so melo-dramatic!" So...what makes a person these things? What does it mean when someone is smart, or gifted (I know what melo-dramatic is...it's ME!)? These things are dependent upon your perspective. Every parent wants their child to be all of those "good things"...at least, I hope so! You see, I view these things as gifts. Gifted, whatever -it's all the same. Gifts.
This is on my mind because DH is doing some volunteer work at a local elementary school. He has been assigned to a singular 5th grade bass player. I think this is fabulous, and the little guy sounds adorable! Michael says he's, "a serious little guy. Listens very intently to everything you say, and thinks about it for a bit, and then nods. He seems like a smart guy, and I think that if he continues in the music world, he would be a theorist." On my end, it all sounds great -a kid who loves music, yay!
Smart...funny...creative...dramatic...bubbily...whatever you're desired adjective is, "beauty lies in the eye of its beholder." So in translation: we are given these gifts, whatever they may be, and it is up to us to make the best of them! My gifts vary daily, which I think is okay, and think that we forget about them and what they mean. Today, my gift, and the rarest of them all, has been patience. It very rarely shows its perfect little head in my life, and today I'm going to take advantage of it!
It's just one of those little things that brings with it a whole lotta' Peace. And that is definitely something I could use more of!
Oh! And by the way... HAPPY FRIDAY!
PS -the pic. is of our kitty, Daphnie. I thought this was appropriate, seeing as this is how I feel today!

No comments:
Post a Comment