Pages

February 10, 2010

Snow, snow, GO AWAY!

Snow, snow GO AWAY! Please, DON'T! come again another day. We're all so sick of your stay, snow, snow GO AWAY!

The past week has been full of snow for everyone. Snow here, snow there, snow even in your underwear (JK! At least -I don't have any in mine! :o)....)!! So many people are sick and tired of being snowed in, of being stuck, of being bored, of being.... It is so difficult, with our fast paced lives, to just be. To not feel the tug of work's obligations and responsibilities. Maybe, just maybe, we were snowed in for a reason (not me, of course...it'd take a monumental blizzard to get TP! closed. Snow days are the number 2 thing I miss about teaching, with the children being the first, of course!). Maybe it is a sign that we are completely over extending ourselves in our lives and not taking time to appreciate what we are given every day. Think about this -beautiful snow is falling from the sky and our first thoughts are, "how will I get to work?" or, "how will I get home from work?", or even, "I hope this doesn't mess my schedule up!" Hmmm....

Take a break, take a breather, and enjoy the snow and the time it is requiring you to just be. Craft, eat, watch, vegetate, but for goodness sakes, don't wish wish yourself out of that peaceful time because before we know it, we'll be wishing you had those extra couple of hours to take down your Christmas decorations (like we did last night! I know.... We've been a LITTLE busy, but with choir cancelled I had all evening!), or to make your sweetie dinner, or to take a bubble bath. Enjoy the YOU time.

Snow, snow, don't go away. Please, please stay for just another day!

1 comment: