Pages

February 16, 2010

Valentines day wrieth -Finally!

Here is the promised post of my adventures making my FIRST crafty project. Now -I've done crafts before, but not completely on my own! The only thing I can really say after this one is -I WILL purchase a cold heat glue gun!

1. Gather materials! Check...


2. Cut and Mod Podge small and oddly shaped bits of festive paper onto cardboard shaped symbol of love! Check....


3. Trim heart and begin hot gluing the back ruffle on. materials of your choosing! -the blog that inspired me to do this used burlap, which was too pricey for me. I used DISCOUNT lace! Yippee!



4. Optional: Create object focal point! I used $1.99 quilting fabric to create this flower and a decorative button for the middle. Once made, hot glue onto DRIED heart!



5. Optional: I ripped some strands of cloth from the remaining flower fabric and used it as an edging to cover up any left over cardboard spots.





Drum roll please....

Finished product!!!


Joy! :o)

Another little project I did were these little guys! Quick and easy! Just how I like it! hehe



I'm sure that one day I will look back at these and find them poorly done and perhaps craftily juvenile, but for now, they serve me well!


Until next time, crafters! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment