Pages

August 23, 2011

First Day of School....


Today was the first day of school...for my last semester as a student for a few years.  I've been here before -knowing that I'm ready to embark on my new life, my new chosen career.  What is surprising for me, however, is the feeling of finality I'm experiencing along with this first day.

Looking towards the future reminds me of where I've been.  Looking back through my posts is an education in and of itself and I just can't believe how much I've evolved.  I'm not a particular fan of Darwin, but he sure got it right -we change when we need to.  In just a year, I've changed in so many wonderful ways.  I'll share my immediate list, and I hope that some of these remind you of some of the good things that you are too!  :D  Because as part of my blog, I hope that my posts bring you a sense of peace too!!!

I have become:
patient
a listener
a better fighter (not like...ring fighting or mud wrestling...just...less drawer slamming and "loud discussions" if you know what I mean....)
a better partner for The M
a better musician
a stronger thinker
settled
more calm
regularly happy (as is true to my real self!)
peaceful

I started this blog to help in my process of growing, documenting the journey of my young adult life.  I realize that it hasn't always been pleasant, but it's real, and that's all I can promise (and sometimes funny -I hope!).  Today marked a milestone for me -the first day of the end of the beginning.


I'm looking forward to a year of more blogging.....  We'll see.

Love to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment