![]() |
| Photo by friend, JRD Photography! |
So last time I posted (I won't even link to it...it was grumpy!), I griped about my lovely Mr. He really is quite wonderful, but sometimes men are completely clueless. Can I get an Amen? Can I get a double Amen for their house cleaning cluelessness {that sounds like: Amyamennnnn! Just in case you were curious....}? What I failed to tell you was that as he was unconsciously picking a fight with me, he was trying to relax from a stressful day, just like I was. We all have those right?
Just today I was invited to do a brand new kind of challenge. It's called the "30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge". When I first got the invite on fb, I had a little laugh to myself thinking, "I don't need a challenge to remind me of how wonderful Mr. is!" But then I started reading. And then I felt like a jerk. And then I realized that this is EXACTLY what we need to help us make it through the Semester of Doom (we're both finishing up coursework and exams, and he's starting his dissertation!). He's working as a bus driver, shuttle driver, and soccer referee, and I'm working as a care giver and soccer referee on top of both sets of our school work. This doesn't leave very much time for us!
This life doesn't leave very much time for me to look for opportunities to tell him how much I appreciate him. Now I have 30 days to do just that, and hopefully the rest of forever to learn to appreciate him as we grow together.
Who's with me? I'll post more about the challenge tonight!
Keep on keepin' on!

This sounds like a great idea! I'm excited to hear more about it :)
ReplyDeleteI'm with you! Excited to hear more!! xo
ReplyDelete