May 26, 2012
Game Planner
I am a lot of things (like, for example, a fraidy cat and only somewhat impulsive and obsessive...and....well, we'll just leave it at that, shall we?), but organized and put together are two adjectives I would no longer use to describe myself. That ended when we moved to Bloomington and my life exploded. It did. Ask anyone and they'll tell you that Bloomington made me weird. Anyway, that's not the reason for this post. *ahem*
I see all of these extraordinary women in my life (and on Pintrest) who have their "lives together" and are "uber organized" (btw -if we're EVER going to be friends, don't use the word "uber" ok? It's a tool word. Just saying) and I think in my whiny adult mind, "why can't I be like this person with their amazingly organized life?" Or, more often than not, it's, "why can't I have an amazing creatively decorated house and have amazing ideas like this person (on pintrest)?" Whine whine whine! Well pintrest (and some of my closest friends and family) has (not intentionally) pushed me to my organizational limit.
I am turning over a new leaf!
I'm starting a-fresh!
I'm a revolutionized, streamlined, and organized woman!
I'm.... concerned....
I feel like I've said this before...yes?
Hmm.....
Yes, now that you mention it... this does sound oddly familiar....
Oh, RIGHT! It's familiar because I've said it a gazillion times. *slaps forehead* Silly me....
There was a point of time in my life when I could decide upon something and stick to it but that time has WAY passed. The train has left the station. The groupon has expired. Now I'm into the, "I can't successfully accomplish anything unless it's decided upon impulsively and can be finished within the time constraints of my attention span" phase. Currently, my attention span is between two and three hours. So if I'm going to get anything done it has to be planned and completely executed WITHIN that time frame. Normally I would freak out about this new and undesired phase. But for the thought of it, I just can't seem to stop laughing hysterically about it....
Or is that crying hysterically about it?
You do realize that there's a fine line between the two, right? I mean, you can start laughing and before you know it, you're crying and everyone in the grocery store is looking at you like you're crazy. NOT that that is anything that I've ever done.... Or even felt like doing or...or anything like that. OR you're crying and before you know it your husband's done something completely humiliating and you're laughing at him even though it's really only funny to you.
Regardless of your personal situation, it always feels good to be determined to do something. Right now, in the wee hours of the morning (before I've had a chance to sleep off my determination), I've decided to give those ladies on Pintrest a run for their money and get myself organized.
That'll show 'em. *nods*
Happy Day, friends!
*hugs*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think you can do it :) I have faith!!
ReplyDelete