Pages

June 17, 2010

Dreamland

I'd like to think that my dreams mean nothing, but what I have come to realize is that they truly do mean something.  If I fall asleep with something on my mind, I dream about it.  Long extensive dreams.  Sometimes exciting, sometimes terrifying, sometimes funny.  Just ask my husband; apparently I tell him all about it!

Time: 2 nights ago
Place: Soccer field
Setting: Bench warming and watching.

Okay -so my husband LOVES soccer.  He's a referee, so the World Cup is heaven for him.  He wears his referee jersey's, sits on the sofa, and leans forward to the point of my thinking he'll just flop right off.  What's he saying? -I ask myself.  Well, he's talking to the TV.  If you're wondering if he's crazy (like me), he's not.  He just REALLY LOVES SOCCER.  No.  Joke.

Dream:  I'm sitting on the bench at a world cup game.  It was like ---Uganda vs. Italy (they haven't even played each other, right?).  Well their uniforms are rockin'!  Uganda is wearing some sort of tribal loin cloth (NO JOKE) and their faces are painted.  Italy is wearing some super stylish pinstripe pants get up with a matching vest, pink button up, and a skinny black tie.  Now -I've been a soccer player, and you try to wear as little possible because it's so darn hot running around that field.  It's completely unrealistic.  As I'm watching the game unfold in front of me, I'm realizing all of these things -outfits, lights, colors, etc and am making cohesive observations and wouldn't you know it...my husband is playing on the field!  He's in a loincloth, of course (sorry if that's TMI...he IS my husband, lol) and looks awfully silly. 

At then end right before I wake up, he's in full battle over the soccer ball with some Gucci clad Italian.  There's lots of lights, lots of cheering, and me -sitting open mouthed as my husband battled to the end against the Italian.  I don't know who won, but it sure was an exciting game!  :o)

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment