Pages

July 30, 2010

Clean Peace

HAPPY FRIDAY TO ALL.  A special happy hello to folks dropping by from New Friend Friday!  Welcome -glad to see ya'!  We've made it another week, and I'm SO happy it's the weekend!  Got lots to do and not enough days to do it {especially moving slowly due to an ouchy back!}.

I mentioned in a couple of posts {and by a couple I mean three or four -sorry if you're sick of this topic...} that I like to clean.  Not on an every day basis {which WILL be changing, much to Michael's disappointment -mwaaahahahaha}, but when I clean - it's like a whirlwind.  I get sick of seeing what I see and go into clean mode.  My seester and I have decided that this is a "Reichgott" thing {Reichgott being my maiden name -yeah -hard, right?  She and our mother are also a cleaning maniacs}, and that we're not happy with just "picked up."  If anythig's going to be clean, it's going to be "Reichgott" clean.  There will be no dust or crumbs on the kitchen counters.  No fingerprints on any of the doors, and definitely NO food stains on any appliances or cabinets.  The floor boards will be dusted and scrubbed, and if that spot on the floor doesn't come up well...good thing you still have some plastic knives from that cook out because you'll be using one to get that gunk up!

This is me.  Don't I look awesome? :}

This is absolutely crazy, right?  I don't think so, but the look on my husband's face when I go from 0 to 60 "Reichgott" clean mode is one of sheer awe and terror combined.  I actually quite enjoy it....

So as I was laying in bed very awake at 2:00 am, I was thinking about how much Peace I get from having a well cleaned house {a very common discussion in our household.  Apparently men have these filtering glasses that shade out all of the crud and allows them to focus on that one clean spot on the sofa next to the remote. *giggles sarcastically*}.  It's like I can fall asleep {I cannot fall asleep while in clean mode.  I basically fall into bed when necessary while in this state of existance} and have a better morning because I'm not looking at stuff everywhere.  I need peace in my life and I'm going to have it, by golly!  Plus -do you know how many calories you burn whilst cleaning?  Score!



I hope everyone has an awesome Friday!  I'm definitely workin' for the weekend!  :} 


Don't forget to come back Monday for Glass Half Full Mondays! {if you want to know more, just go visit the Glass Half Full page!}


 See you soon!








I'm linking to:


New Friend Fridays


And



The Trendy Treehouse

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by today and for the follow. I might be more like your husband because I hate to clean and he can't get enough of it. I guess I just don't have as much appreciation for it...well until I go into a crazy messy house and can't stand it. Have a great weekend and I'm following back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, you look awesome in your matching dress and hair tie! I usually clean in my pajamas. Maybe that's where I'm going wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brianna-

    I'm a new follower from New Friend Friday! And I just want you to know that I've got 3000 square feet of dusty, dog hair infested and cob webby house for you to burn all of your calories on if you ever get bored!


    Lucy's Human
    http://lucyshuman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from Blog hopping Friday.

    Hope you have a great day!

    ~Melissa
    http://www.fabulousfamilyreviews.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. did helena help you with your art work?
    i so understand the men goggles. let let an empty 2 ltr of pepsi sit on the floor of hubbys side of the bed for 4 weeks waiting for him to notice it and pick it up! (i dont drink soda, so i know it wasnt me) finally i did it and he didnt notice that either! grrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thrifty -I created this on my own, but she inspired it!
    Men are so strange. Mine leaves his socks IN the couch... *eye roll* hehe

    ReplyDelete