Pages

July 27, 2010

{THE Account}

I know that my last post just ragged on my dear hubby {who is REALLY working hard for us}, but I have to share another heartwarming story!  I'm sure I've told you these two things, but just in case, here they are.  First, I LOVE BABIES.  I want to be a mommy more than anything!  Secondly, I'm married to a {wonderfully fabulous and loving}student.  Read: We're too broke to have a baby and don't want to add that stress to our marriage.  So I've been chewing and gnawing on what to do.  Can't have a baby right now so do I just gaze lustily at those cute little booties and convertible cribs?  Sure, I could do that but it's not very proactive.  I need to be proactive in order to feel satisfied, sorry -that's just the way it goes for me!

So what to do...what to do....  Ah-ha!  Eurika!  I'll open "THE Account"  THE account where I'll be putting $10 a month (out of my crafting budget -see these sacrifices! hehe) at the minimum into this account.  That way in a year...two years...NO LONGER than that!  haha -I'll have enough money saved up to buy exactly what I want.  The frilly solid wood convertible crib, the material I want to make the bedding and curtains, and the accessories I want.  I don't want to have to ask my family {who I'm sure would happily purchase it for us} for everything we'd like, so!

This is me.  This is me being proactive.  This is me being a good mommy.

*EDIT* - So I forgot to tell you why my hubs was being sweet, right?  Did anyone catch that??

Michael realizes how much I loooouuuvre babies.  Poor M is SO sick of hearing about them, I'm sure.  So when I brought up the topic for discussion {of course I had my side of the discussion prepared and my appeals figured out in case he disagreed...} he simply smiled and said, "that sounds like a really good idea, Babe."  Squee!!!!  You should have seen my face!  hehehe.

That's why M's the best!

Happy day dreams, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm craving babies too! But we are not ready to think about it yet. But I can't help staring at the cute clothes in the store, and holding my friends babies every chance I get. Did I mention that there are over 20 babies between the ages of 1 month and 2 years among the dental student families? Yeah. It's rough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just move back here and you can play with my baby!

    ReplyDelete