March 20, 2014
Living Like No One Else
TMV and I just finished taking Financial Peace University, and I can honestly say that it has changed the way we live for the better. Usually when people talk about FPU, they're referring to money. I, however, am not. Well, mostly.
Dave's class teaches us many things, but the message that is swirling in my mind is the desire to "live like no one else, so that later you can live like no one else." Of course he means financially. Save now and pay off debt (or don't even go into it...), so that later you can enjoy the life God has given you and GIVE to others. At this point in time, that message means something different to me.
Right now, I need to live like no one else in the sense that I need to be selfish with my time -taking the time I NEED to work on myself and my relationships. Working on the really hard and real parts of myself that trouble me, so that later I can live the life I have prayed for (should that be in God's plan). Maybe this means being able to have a family of 6, or running my business in an ethical and fair way, or tackling the stress that has been running me down. I'm not sure, honestly.
But the message is clear. Take time now so that later, I can leave a legacy of love and devotion for future generations. Two weeks ago, this thought would have raised my stress level from orange to red but at the suggestion of my sister, I am undertaking a "rebranding" project. I am rebranding myself, focusing on all of the wonderful things I already am and working out the kinks of things I don't want to be, or want to work towards. Mostly this just involves positive thinking, but there are times when a well intended interruption causes distress or my patience falls blessedly short. We're all human, but I am working towards the better version of myself. And I think that this is just one single step towards tackling my stress addiction.
Baby steps. Because after all, didn't God design us to crawl before we can run?
Peace,
B.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment