My last post was about a message I re-defined from FPU. Well, this too is a re-defined message from FPU.
TMV travels quite a bit. He's a professional gigging musician, so he essentially lives in his car. And trust me -you'd be able to tell, too. Well, The Space Pod has been such a fantastic car! It's a Subaru and runs like a champ. Until yesterday. When I get a phone call from TMV stating that it was "screaming" at him. Of course my first instinct is to envision the car exploding by the side of the road with him in it. "That only happens in movies," he tells me. Yeah -in movies AND in my imagination. Duh.
Dave spoke quite a lot about Murphy's Law. Of course TMV and I live by Murphy's law (being musicians and all, we feel particularly close to Mr. Murphy...). Most of his references to Murphy referenced cars. That in auto-land, when it rains it pours. Man -did it pour on the poor Space Pod. It poured SO MUCH that it completely depleted our emergency fund.
Now -I will admit that pre-lent stress-monster made an appearance, but it was so temporary that I forgot to even acknowledge her until TMV said, "Babe, thanks so much for being calm for me."
When he said this, I realized that Murphy's Law can be just like any law. It can work against you, but it can also work for you. Choosing to remain calm, or positive, or pro-active (I'm sure you can continue the thought to fulfill your positive choice) means that you receive those positive things in return. Send out good, receive good.
My parents have been saying this for years. I finally believe them.
Because while our emergency fund is completely depleted, my husband is safe and healthy (and not blown up in an imaginary car explosion). And THAT is more than I could ask for.
Thanks Murphy. You're the best.
Peace,
No comments:
Post a Comment