Pages

February 9, 2010

If you're gonna love somebody....

When it comes right down to it, it is family that really catches you when you fall. In fact, you could not even be falling and they will do everything they possibly can go aide in your success. I happen to currently be a perfect example of this! Lucky me!!!!!

First, I would like to say that -you can marry someone, but that doesn't make you family to your spouse's folks. You know, however, that you have become family when they offer to drop everything in their lives for the weekend and come to help you. For a day -for two days -for however long, you know you have become family because they show up at your door, food, bags, dog, and suitcases in hand with smiles on their faces. This is truly a gift to have received. Sure, some consider it luck when they can tolerate their in-laws, but lady luck came knocking on my door because my in-laws are awesome! :-)




Secondly, I would like to say that you can be related to someone, and they can still feel no need to help you. Unfortunately, I fear that the number of families like this are increasing, and I am undoubtedly thankful for the one that I grew up with! With that being said, it never ceases to amaze me that my family members are willing to wait in line at the airport at 5:oo a.m. to get a flight in a snow storm, and are willing to stay up until midnight to create colorful, eye catching ditties to help you succeed. I know that I ask for a lot, and while I may be whiny, I do try really hard but I haven't done anything to be so blessedly lucky in the family that I have been gifted. Because you are related, or know someone, you are, under no circumstances, truly obligated to help them. Yes -psychologically you feel a deep down Darwinist sense of obligation, but these things surpass that. A true family steps up when you really don't have the time or energy to do any stepping.

For example:

signs offered up by a true artist...
and...

the dress for success offered by unconditional love and support!


This is the season of love.... I love YOU! If you can, take the time to do some stepping. It really makes a difference, and the old addage, "it's the little things that count"...? Remember that one? Well, it's true. Do something little and make that big difference.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS on what looks like an awesome showing :) Look at you bein' an awesome business lady!

    ReplyDelete