Pages

April 9, 2010

Drama...Drama...Baby Mama!

HAPPY FRIDAY!  You have no idea how excited I am that this day has come once again!  Well -you all probably do, but my denying that you understand should prove to you how EXCITED I am that Friday has arrived.  Does the title of my post frighten or excite you?  Well -before you get tooooo wrapped up I want you to know that I picked it because it rhymed (and the fact that I'm obsessed with babies and how cool they are)!  hehe  Fooooled you!  Too bad it's too late for April Fool's Day!  Drats....

I should get to the point of this post.  It is: Drama (I was going to insert a really cool picture of the ancient Greek comedy masks, but they were all creepy.  Sad...).  My whole life I've heard people say that I'm dramatic and honestly...I'm not going to lie...I am.  I'm dramatic.  To the point where people should probably pay me for how exciting and entertaining my dramatics are.  Not that I'd like to be an actor...being a musician is hard enough.  So...big deal, right?  I'm a walking, natural ball of jiggly drama.  Joy! 

Well, not too long ago I posted on how while growing up there was so much pressure to be X, Y, or Z.  Remember that?  Well if you don't, you can find it HERE!  :o)  Anyway, in stead of trying to NOT be something, I've been trying to be me!  I've decided (and I'm sure that you'll agree) that one of my best attributes is drama.  I know -you're thinking, "WHY would anyone want drama in their lives?"  To answer that question, I don't do other people's drama.  I just don't.  I refuse bottom line.  If you come into my life and you stir the pot and things start brewing, that's it.  No second chances on things like drama.  Instead, I like the drama of a good book, the kind where my imagination can explore and absorb the story.  I like the drama of a funny, uplifting, and enthralling story to a fault.  Also, I inherited the trait where I will go to the outer reaches of extravagance (champagne taste on a beer budget...) to throw a party that will make everyone's eyes pop and mouths dangle with excitement and anticipation (thanks, Mum!!)!  So YES! -I love drama.  It gives me character (I can hear my husband's response to this.  It goes something like this: Yeah -You ARE a character.  Hah hah hahhhh. Ooof! *as I punch him...*).

I had a really neat conversation with my mother, and now that I'm older I'm really starting to appreciate her as my friend, and not just my mum.  She gives me advice, she helps me work through ups and down, how to fix this household thing, or create that new idea.  I told her that I had had a great sense of Peace since I just decided that I am who I am, dramatic or not -happy or not -fat or not (shh husband, I'm making a point here!), etc. and that the more I enjoy it, the more fearful I become that I'll lose it.  In the brief time between sun down and sunrise today, I've realized that I AM the only person who can take that Peace away.

Lets just say that I'm enjoying having it around almost as much as I'm enjoying having my husband home from Pittsburgh Opera!  I'll have my Peace and enjoy it too!  I hope you do as well!

2 comments: