Pages

May 14, 2010

...And Then...

I love being inspired (only ONE of the many reasons I LOVE blogging -so much inspiration out there by awesome women!)!  I love having an idea and turning it, and turning it, until BAM!  It's perfect!  My last post was on how many ideas I had for adding an outdoor counter top to our beeeeeauteeeful deck.  I LOVE it -it's like a little vacation spot for me.  So -I bet you're curious, aren't you?  It's alright -you can admit that you were curious to see what I was going to choose!  After talking DH's ear off and calling both sets of parents, I decided on a completely NEW concept.  It's GREAT -are you ready?!?

I'm going to build the outdoor counter as a smaller version of a harvest table, meaning long and thin.  I'll be using either old (and I mean "weathered" not crusty...) decking boards, OR the pallets the ship heavy materials on that you see the cool little tractors moving at Lowes!  I haven't decided which yet, but we'll probably choose which ever one is cheaper!  :)  DH doesn't mind me improving our home, as long as it fits into the budget, you know....  *shrug*  He just doesn't get my creative genius but -ohhhh well!  hehe

So the legs of this table will be made of the balasters (? -the outdoor version of a newel post...) and will be painted and then sealed for the weather!  I'm also going to find some antique door nobs and mount them on the sides so that we'll have a place for utensils and towels! 

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures, but I'll make sure to keep you posted!

Have an awesome Friday!!!

(I'm linking to New Friend Friday!)

1 comment:

  1. I think your blog is super pretty! Love the header :)

    Kamika
    http://search4serendipity.weebly.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete