Hey everyone!!! Welcome new friends (Yay New Friend Friday)! :o)
Do you ever have a weekend where you do nothing at home, you pack everyone (and everything up) and you just get away? I LOVE those weekends. Fortunately for me, I'm going to have one of those weekends!!! My DH is in Toronto taking an audition, and instead of staying home, being nervous, and eating too much food (mostly chocolate...my go to nerve-calmer...), I am packing up the dog, the clothes, and heading out to visit his parents and to celebrate Mother's Day with HIS mum! This will be one of the first Mother's Days that she does -it's WAY more fun to do girl things on Mother's Day with a girl! ;o) We are going to have massages and possibly pedicures! YAYYYYYYYYY!!! I mist admit that I am sad that we will be spending another weekend apart, but he is auditioning for an awesome job in an awesome place, doing exactly what he has worked SO hard to do. I can't hold that against him -I'll just enjoy being an only child for the weekend! Yippee!
Sometimes I feel that these types of weekends are healthy for our emotional well being! My DH would -I can see it now- roll his eyes at me and say that all HE needs for emotional health is peace, quiet, and some TV! JUST KIDDING! -he referees soccer as his healthy hobby, I prefer to be pampered. Don't blame me that mine COSTS money! :o)
I hope that those of you who are staying home, enjoying the weather, and spending time with family can have a get away weekend soon! I also hope that everyone has had an awesome Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment