Pages

July 29, 2010

~True Life House Wife!~

I really wanted to continue my list from yesterday, but am out of steam.  Not on the baby topic {not in the least bit!}, but just in general.  I haven't been sleeping well.  Between the heat {our AC is even on and it's HOT at night!}, my back, and a very odd series of dreams, sleep has been more of a question mark than anything else.  We're having company this weekend and I can already feel my adrenaline pumping in preparation.  I think it'll keep me up WAY past my bed time tonight, and up early tomorrow in anticipation!  I LOVE playing hostess -it's honestly my favorite thing to do {one of my favorite things along with crafting and baking and scrubbing the floor boards -truth- and..you get the picture}.  On that note, I'd like to focus my post.

A friend and I get together once a week {or so} and one of the topics we've been discussing what being a good spouse/life partner means for me/us.  Now, before I tell you what I've decided, I must tell you that I'm somewhat of an overachiever.  Not that my blog portrays that, but I am.  I like to be the best at the things I do and am often frustrated when it doesn't turn out that way {probably one of my great lessons to learn in life...}.  With that being said, I felt that I had to be this laundry list of things with a laundry list of accomplishments while in college, get a job before I graduated {it was actually my dream job...lot of good that did me...haha}, have a "perfect home", and make things just the way I want them.  Now that I've been through a year of the wringer, I feel that there are a lot of unexpected feelings.

{This is my good example}
So in these discussions with my friend, I have come to realize a few things.  First is that I WANT to be a home-maker.  I want to have dinner on the table when hubs gets home, all the laundry folded, the home clean, and a healthy crafting schedule.  I want to make us a loving, stress-less home.  Right now, I can't do that.  Second, in contrast to my extreme desire to be the best of _________, I don't have to be anything that makes me unhappy!  {I was very confused for a while over this one...}.  Being a SAHM/House wife is exciting and fulfilling, and obviously teaching music isn't something that's in God's plan for me right now {otherwise I'd still have that dream job I mentioned}.  Third, I realized that being a Mom is, what I believe, the most important job I can have.  I want to have good, healthy, well behaved, well rounded and educated, smart and friendly, and ...*cough*pefrect*cough*  children.  The best way I can prepare them for life is to teach them to how to be independent, prayerful, and lots of other things my Mum would be really good at explaining.  My seeester and I are quite lucky to have been blessed with a SAHM.  Remember -being a "mom" is just coming back into fashion.  I grew up with a SAHM when it was OUT of fashion.  I had an excellent example.  Fourth, I realized that I felt happier when I could "provide" for my husband.  What does this mean, you ask?  This means that by my working on our home and creating a relaxed and healthy environment is is, in turn, healthier and more Peaceful.  I am protective of the hubs -and when he's struggling I want to make it better, that's what I'm good at.

{from}
These are the things that I love and enjoy.  Yes -I am a real life musician.  Music is my art, my inspiration, and my medium for most expression {save for the blog here!}, but it's also never going away.  I am successful at being a partner and a wife and I am proud of who and how I am.

This is my confession -the confession of the wanna-be true life house wife!  haha  :)

Have a great day, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I wanna be a SAHM...but not necessarily a housewife. Haha. I hate cleaning and such. But eventually IF we can afford it I'd like to be part-time possibly and stay home the rest...but that has a ton of "ifs" in there first...blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post :) A person is never just one thing, there are many facets that make you who you are!

    ReplyDelete