Pages

March 2, 2010

Empowerment

Empowerment.  It's such a powerful word that means so much, and often times we are unaware of when we experience the negative and positive consequences in our lives.   I believe that there are two kinds of empowerment.  There is the kind that makes you a bigger and better version of you, and then there is the kind that works against you.  It pulls from your best qualities, drains you, and works towards making the other person (thing, concept, etc.) bigger and better, thus leaving you to sit quietly in the cornere, the shell of your previous self.  How do we battle these things?  How do we remain "me" when we are daily battered and beaten, and when we once or twice a week experience the healing, and bigger "me" empowerment? 

I'm not sure that I have the answers.  *shrug*  What do we do...avoid these situations?  Ask for support (even though you know that you'll receive very little from those you trust and love)?  Do what you feel you must to achieve the bigger "me" empowerment?  Hmm....  I'm not sure I like that answer either. 

I suppose the answer is similar to what I wrote about yesterday: the power of choice.  So -what do you choose? 

I'm hoping that by choosing the "bigger me" that something will fall into place very simply and similarly like the workings of a well created clock.  I can wish, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment