Pages

March 25, 2010

These Things...They Take Time....

Be ready -here's another blog post where I talk about how awesome my husband is, and I offer a bold statement about myself.... ha!

I, as you all know, am an exceptionally impatient person (I feel as if I've posted this statement before....  Hmm...).  I mean -stomp the foot, shoot a little steam, have a little drama kind of impatient.  Not that this is bad (HAH!), it's just me.  *shrug*  Don't judge me!  haha.  In the last year, there have been very few things that have worked out the way I had hoped and prayed.  So few, I can count them on two or three fingers.  I sit every day thinking (lots of things -I know!  It has surprised me too!) about the message behind this.  What lessons am I learning through this process and why they must be so difficult.  The people in my life are so patient.  They wait it out, they don't fret (mostly...), they don't push the envelope.  They just wait it out.  I've often joked to everyone that it's the attitude of the trumpet player.  Our saying is, "Higher, faster, louder."  While I'm not any of those things (besides the louder part -hehe), I think that it speaks to my impatience.  I want to be the "highest" the "fastest" and the "loudest." 

This demand worked when I was in high school.  Who can't help but move over for a steam roller, you know?  My life = musical tunnel vision, which was so wonderful THEN.  Now, however, I am learning the tortoise's rule: Slow and steady wins the race.  Slow and steady, hmm....  Nope -NOT in my vocabulary.  I can't help but smile, though, when I think about my husband.  Yes, I realize that I talk about him ALL the time, but that's because he's the most important person/thing in my life so he's what I focus on -sorry if your gag reflex is kicking in!  He just had a marvelous opportunity!!  I am hoping that this is finally his "bone."  That something great is finally going to happen for him -you know me -I'm SOOO excited.

So I ask him how he feels about it.  He says, "I had fun.  They were great kids, so we'll see.  (I could her him shrug here...)  Maybe it will be something, maybe it won't, but it was a great experience."  Here -que Briana writhing in dramatic agony!  I mean, c'mon!!  That's all I get?  Just another big question mark?  *sigh*  So as I'm falling asleep, I'm churhing this in my brain (it's really been getting a workout), and I thought, "you know what -these things...the important things... they really take their time."  Life is like a good wine.  You need to give it flavor, and a sense of wisdom in order for it to be satisfactory (unless you're allergic to wine and TOTALLY uncool like Jenny! :o)  Eeps!!!! ).  I thought, "huh -another day, another piece of wisdom obtained from my husband."


So for those of you too ready -too eager, who are pushing, and tearing, and stomping, and causing yourselves lots of personal drama (I'm talking mostly to myself here....), these great things in life, they take time.  So take a step back, enjoy your scenery, and eat some cheese and drink some wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment