Pages

March 4, 2010

Shine Down on Me

Have you ever heard the children's song, "Oh Mr. Sun"?  It was one of my favorites as a child, and when I'm enjoying a bright day, I subconsciously start humming it.  Maybe it's because I have memories of BOTH of my parents singing it to me?  It was the rare occasion that my father would sing, and that's still true to this day.  Maybe it's because he liked the way we squealed and giggled when he used his "flip her upside down and swing her around" trick.  It's much more effective in the giggle department.

Regardless of all of my nostalgia, as I was driving to work today I started hearing "Mr. Golden Sun" from somewhere...OH WAIT!  Surprise!  It was me.  I was happy (darn that happiness...it's so sneaky!)!  The sun was shining, the birds were flying about, and the crazy drivers were still cutting me off but in what seemed to be a more kind and loving way.

 Dear Mr. Sun,

Thanks for shining down on me.  It makes me feel happy!  How about you guys...happy yet???  :o)

Keep on.....

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment