Pages

March 30, 2010

Life's Challanges...

My whole life, I've tried SO hard to be so many things.  It started with wanting to be cool, then progressed to not wanting to be fat (something I think I'll mentally be for the rest of my life), then wanting to be popular, then to wanting to be the best, all while wanting to be liked and be pretty (Validation is exhausting -I wouldn't recommend it).  It's been very hard for me to think about this -no one wants to think of themselves as being anything but who they are, right?  *sigh*  I've been who I am, just in various different ways that are found to be socially acceptable (insert weak validation line there... haha).

Well -enough of that!  Here's the scoop!  I'm going to let you in on my secret.  Are you ready?

Nooo.....  I'm pretty sure you're NOT ready, but I am.  So here goes!  Theodore Roosevelt has inspired me, or rather, I have found Theodore saying what I'm saying in a much more eloquent way (go figure... he was raised to speak proper English...).  He says, "Do WHAT you can, WHERE you are, with what you HAVE."  So as for me? -I'm going to do what I can, where I am, with what I have. 

Here's the breakdown (including, but NOT limited to the following):
What I can do: choose to be happy, create, home-make, bake, throw parties, enjoy my family, and pray for the strength to be a good life partner.
Where:  Well -I'm still working on that part.  I'm new here, I'm still trying to figure things out!  I've got explorer's champagne taste on a "wish I had beer" kind of budget.  hehe -I don't like beer.
What I have: a loving husband and family, two healthy fuzz-faces, a beautiful and safe home, evenings to do with how I choose, weekends and weeknights full of music making, SEWING MACHINE (it's my BFF...)!, and the peace of prayer.

What about you?  ;)  I'd love to see what you guys think about when you read this quote!!


"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have"  ~Theodore Roosevelt~

No comments:

Post a Comment