I have been thinking for a couple of weeks (on a very regular basis) how awesome my dear husband is. Now -before you roll your eyes and claim that I'm going mushy on you again, just hear me out!
Michael left this week for Pittsburgh. This is the last session until Fall. I'm really excited about him not leaving again until September. Really, really happy! But it's the same storyline every time he leaves to go. I get sad, he gets excited, and we have our "last date" before his trip. Usually this is us on the sofa watching Fox News (Don't hate!) and eating pizza. Actually -he's watching, I'm reading, etc. I'm sure you get the picture? Yeah. This time was a little different in that I had choir rehearsal until 9:30. I was bummed about not having a real date, but he did take me to Subway (I'm really not that hard to please where food is concerned...) and we had a nice discussion on risk vs. debt. Yep -that's my man. A nice romantic dinner at Subway and a thrilling discussion about mortgages and debit. You can tell that I'm just so pleased! :)
I came dragging my feet home after choir. It's exhausting to sing Bach AND Mozart in two types of Latin, and in German! I had had my language fill for the day. Michael, of course, was waiting at home, and had saved his packing so that I could visit with him and fall asleep while he packed. You know -so that we'd be in the same general vicinity. Again, I hate this time of small transitions. I lose my husband for 3 weeks, and become an independent woman who enjoys sitting on the sofa, reading until her eyes cross, and tearing things apart and making them pretty. I was sad he was leaving and he was eager to get to Pittsburgh. I could tell he felt bad (he always does), leaving me behind to have his adventure, but I smiled and told him I was going to have fun with Saphira (har! She likes to eat my shoes, and I like to yell at her. FUN!!!), and that I had tons of stuff planed (this part is true!).
I was about to drift off to my happy place when he disappeared downstairs. Thinking that was odd, I followed him. I'm nosey, so even though I was almost asleep, I got out of bed to see what he was doing (again, don't judge!! hehe). He was getting some water -bummer. But as I was leaving to go back to my nice electrically heated bed he surprised me! I was receiving a consolation prize of flowers!!
This is very exciting because flowers are only for the MOST special of occasions (anniversaries, birthdays, and other important holidays). Of course, I thought that I had forgotten something, but my sweet husband just shrugged and said, "nothing special, I just love you and wanted you to have something pretty because I love you." *whistful sigh*
So sure *shrug* -my husband is gone for about 3 weeks, but hey! -I've got a consolation prize that makes our home smell like summer, and reminds me that how wonderful my spouse is. Who can argue with that?
No comments:
Post a Comment