January 16, 2012
The "Perfect" Friend
{Warning -this sounds a little looney-tunes, but if you read it with sarcasm, you'll get my drift! ;) }
Who has one? C'mon -raise your hand. I TOTALLY know that you do...and I bet she makes you crazy? Mine sure does! Did yours send out a Christmas card? Are you shaking your head? Well -if she didn't, keep reading. I'll share my "perfect" friend with you, and hopefully some laughs, too!
So here's what you already know:
First: I'm coming off of full time student status, the husband is too -Christmas cards were sent AFTER Christmas!
Second: I can't ever manage to get anything done (especially on time...)
Third: I can't stand people who are perfect on the outside -there's a bigger, undiscovered crack on the inside (if you didn't know this, you do now. Apply directly...)!
Fourth (OK -you didn't know this one, but it's true): She's not a perfect friend. She considers herself too busy to even respond to a text message (they're not weird or anything! I PROMISE. They say things like, "hey! Just thinking of you! Hope you're well" You'd respond to that, RIGHT???)
So -I get a Christmas card from a college friend. Actually, she used to be more than just a friend, but that's a different story. I open up the card, really excited! She hasn't bothered to write/call/text back, so getting a Christmas card was VERY exciting. So I open it and see six pictures of her and her husband smiling back at me. I start to fume....
These aren't just ANY pictures -these are PERFECT pictures. WHO DOES THAT??? They're staged -lighting is perfect -their clothes match -and they're in idillic places. I REPEAT -WHO DOES THAT? I seriously can't manage to get myself put together, let along arrange to have my picture taken perfectly AT LEAST six times.
Anyway.
So I look over at my husband, who's staring at me (probably afraid for his personal safety, at this moment in time...), and say, "don't judge me!" as I rip the card into as many little pieces as I possibly can. HA! This perfect little photo Christmas card, with a bunch of little smiling faces is now floating through the air back down towards my grinning face.
A girl can only handle so much, you know?
So as I'm prancing around the dining room, shuffling around the pieces of this perfect little photo card, I start to feel a little guilty. The card stock was really nice -I could have reused it!!! I mean, this girl is NEVER going to know that I got some joy out of ripping up a little piece of "perfect", right? It's not like I'm gonna call her (and leave a message like I would normally have), and say, "hey! So thanks for the card, I ripped it up and danced on it. Yeah -what's that? Well...I did it because it made me feel better."
NOT GONNA' HAPPEN!
So -don't give my secret away, ok? Not that she'll ever find my blog, call me back, or anything.... It can be our little world wide web secret! ;)
HAPPY MONDAYYYY!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahaha I <3 you, B!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHahahaha...I love it!
ReplyDeleteHahaha that is so you!
ReplyDelete